Controlling a plug-in light with the Genius Hub system.
If you have a Genius Room Sensor that is not being used in a zone to control heating, you can use it to control the Smart Plugs. The Genius Hub system is primarily a heating control system, and so there can be a delay of a number of many seconds before the Smart Plug responds as this would (about 2 - 30 seconds generally), this is acceptable for heating but note that this may not be acceptable for heatinglighting.
Create a new zone on the app which is a 'RadiatorOn / Off' type zone - these are currently the only zones which can be put in Footprint mode.of zone
Go to the Zone Setup and assign the Genius Smart Plug and Genius Room Sensor
Set the 'Heating Trigger On After' to 1 minute.
Set the 'HeatingHeating Trigger Trigger Off After' to as long as you want the Smart Plug to stay on for.
- Leave the setup pages, and change the mode to Footprint Mode
- Under the Zone Submenu (•••), go to 'Footprint options
- Set the 'Active temperature' to 28º, to make sure that the room is always cold enough to call the Genius Smart Plug on.
- To ensure this should still turn on in a hot Summer, you can set a -5° Zone Offset in the Zone Setup pages.
The Genius Smart Plug, in this case, thinks it is being used to control an electric heater. If you leave the room on the app in Super Eco mode then it will only turn on the switch when it senses activity, and if you put it into Eco or Comfort mode then it will keep the switch on when it learns that the area of the property is being used.You cannot share the Genius Room Sensor between a room that is used for heating with 'Footprint Mode' and a room that is used to control a Genius Smart Plug also using 'Footprint Mode'. This is because the occupancy triggers are taken from the Room Sensor and are applied to the first room that the Genius Room Sensor is assigned to. This means that only one of the rooms will work in the 'Footprint Mode'. If the Genius Room Sensor is shared between rooms then the temperature can be applied to multiple rooms
- 'Sense Mode' See here how to enable Sense Mode on your Genius Hub
- Set up the times of the day where you want it to turn 'ON' when there is occupancy, the rest of the time it will ignore occupancy
- Remember to turn on 'React to Occupancy' when setting up the times
You cannot assign the Genius Room Sensor to the new room if it is already assigned to a room, but you can share the attributes (channels) of it into a second room if you wish. To assign the 'Occupancy' of a Room Sensor into another room, see this article about how to 'Assign a channel' which is at the bottom of the Adding New Devices page.